Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today is Fresh Veggies Day (6-16-09) ... bonus recipe!!

2 posters

Go down

Today is Fresh Veggies Day (6-16-09) ... bonus recipe!! Empty Today is Fresh Veggies Day (6-16-09) ... bonus recipe!!

Post  goofygramma Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:17 am

Yes, fresh vegetables have the most vitamins. Cooking in any form decreases the nutritional value, so take a day to munch on them raw. Cut them up to serve with your favorite dip. Or mix 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons honey and 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard.

*Bonus Recipe*

Marinated Cauliflower and Broccoli

1 head cauliflower
1 head broccoli
1 bunch green onions
1 can water chestnuts

Marinade:
1/c cup sugar
1/2 cup corn oil
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup vinegar

Break up raw cauliflower and broccoli into bite size pieces. Slice onions and drain water chestnuts. Toss all together in a casserole dish or a 9"x13" cake pan.

In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, corn oil, mayonnaise and vinegar. Pour this evenly over the vegetables.

Cover the pan with foil or saran wrap and place in the refrigerator. Chill for 24 hours before serving.

Yum I say!!! Although I will cut back on the oil and probably use EVOO.

ENJOY!

goofygramma
goofygramma
Admin

Number of posts : 2965
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Today is Fresh Veggies Day (6-16-09) ... bonus recipe!! Empty Re: Today is Fresh Veggies Day (6-16-09) ... bonus recipe!!

Post  GlendaleMary Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:00 pm

I think I've seen that broccoli/cauliflower thing at potlucks but avoided it, of course, because of the dreaded broccoli. It does sound tasty, though. If you make it, let me know how you like it. Maybe I could make it sans the broccoli...who'd know.
GlendaleMary
GlendaleMary
Admin

Number of posts : 2895
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down