Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Cheese Lover's Day (7-28) ...Bonus Recipe!

Go down

It's Cheese Lover's Day (7-28) ...Bonus Recipe! Empty It's Cheese Lover's Day (7-28) ...Bonus Recipe!

Post  goofygramma Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:08 am

Cheese dates back to prehistoric times. Somebody noticed that milk left in a container finally curdled - and faster in hot weather than cold. This was also probably the first scientific discovery by man. There are hundreds of different kinds of cheese - raw, skimmed or pasteurised - cow, goat, sheep, buffalo, horse or camel. All of them are good!

*Bonus Recipe*

Triple Cheese Spaghetti

6 oz. uncooked spaghetti
3/4 cup ricotta (or cottage) cheese
1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated Romano cheese
2 cups (16 oz. jar) spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoons oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta and Romano cheeses, 1 cup of spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano, and pepper. Save the remaining spaghetti sauce.
3. Dump the cooked spaghetti into the bowl with the cheese mixture. Stil until well coated. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Top pasta with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
4. Cover with lid or foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove cover. Continue baking until cheese bubbles then remove from the oven. Let stand for 3 minutes.
5. Cut into 4-6 servings. Top each serving with some saved spaghetti sauce.

ENJOY!
goofygramma
goofygramma
Admin

Number of posts : 2965
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

It's Cheese Lover's Day (7-28) ...Bonus Recipe! Empty Re: It's Cheese Lover's Day (7-28) ...Bonus Recipe!

Post  goofygramma Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:10 am

I've been waiting for this day...lol.

The recipe looks delish to me. I'll be trying it one day maybe next week or the next. We just had spaghetti and meatballs on Saturday.
goofygramma
goofygramma
Admin

Number of posts : 2965
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down